Message From Nazim City District Government Peshawar
A warm welcome to the City of flowers. The City District Government of Peshawar is making efforts to providing cutting-edge and fringe development and social prospects including tranquil Metropolitan lifestyle, better sanitation, recreational spaces, health, transportation, improvement of local economy and preservation of indigenous heritage remain core priorities of the City District Government. I strongly believe in a direct citizens participation in decision-making with particular focus on youth who produce innovative ideas which are crucial for achieving these benchmarks and this is what the City District Government aims to foster. Nature has bestowed Peshawar with numerous potential while this office will make every effort in collaboration with the provincial government to provide an enabling environment for taping the resources, investment and facilitation of business to improve the local economy.
I as Nazim will leave no stone unturned in achieving goals of the City Government in a way it serve the citizens in a most accomplished fashion.
Message From Naib Nazim City District Government Peshawar
Dear Brothers and Sisters!
My city Peshawar was once called "The City of Flowers". Now its up to all of us to strive and utilize all our energies to bring back its past glory.
I will be needing all of your support to overcome the challenges that may come in this endeavor. Our goal is to make Peshawar clean, free of pollution, vibrant and having ample job opportunities for the youth.
May Allah give us the strength to work for fellow brothers and sisters without the distinction of caste, creed and religion. Thank you all
- Infrastructural improvement in both urban and rural areas.
- To make Peshawar clean and green.
- Create atmosphere for youth to get jobs.
- To make Peshawar again "The city of Flowers".
Functions of City District Government Peshawar
City Master Planning
Fair and exhibitions
Management and improvement of public transport
Beautification of City and integrated infrastructure programs
Improvement and maintenance of public recreational spaces
Short and medium term development programs
About Khyber Pakhunkhwa
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (abbreviated as KP; Urdu: خیبر پختونخوا ; Pashto: خیبر پښتونخوا) is one of the four provinces of Pakistan, located in the northwestern region of the country. It was formerly known as North-West Frontier Province (NWFP), commonly called Sarhad in Urdu, which means "frontier."
Its provincial capital and largest city is Peshawar, followed by Mardan. It shares borders with the Federally Administered Tribal Areas to the west; Gilgit–Baltistan to the northeast; Azad Kashmir, Islamabad and Punjab to the east and southeast. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa does not share a border with Balochistan which lies to its southwest. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa also shares an international border with Afghanistan, connected through the Khyber Pass.
- Peshawar is an important military and communications center, the historical terminus of the Grand Trunk Road of India.
- The World Famous Khyber Steam Rail Operating Since 1925 On this Route.
- Cunningham Clock Tower was Build in1900 in the Commemoration of Diamond Jubilee of Her Majesty Queen Empress
- Gorgutree The Ancient Site of Buddha's In Peshawar KP.
- Peshawar Museum, formerly Victoria Memorial Hall, is Situated near to Jail Bridge And Railway Station which was build in 1905
- Chwok Yaadgar (the )the old Peshawar Central square at the end of Ander shehr, The Traditional Site of Political Rallies, and also Many Anti-British demonstration started Here